Nico | ca. mid 1960s | Photographed by Billy Name [x]
What you may not know about Nico:
- She sang with the Velvet Underground.
- She was partially deaf but wanted to create music, so she worked very hard to do so.
- Her instrument of choice was the harmonium, and she played it live.
- She is often credited as being the seed for the goth movement in music and style, for not only her understated, dark performance attire but also the themes and sounds of her music.
- Her brilliant album The Marble Index is commonly called the first goth album.
- She worked as a model before becoming a musician and also acted in films, including Fellini’s La Dolce Vita, throughout her life.
- She is one of my favourite creators.